IBus is considered as retiring, but it’s still the default in MX Linux. Because the only Cantonese IME in Linux that allows me to swear is Andrew Choi’s CAP, which runs on fcitx, I settled for fcitx as my default IME engine.
- Cantonese: Download the debian package for CAP
- Japanese: Mozc is already installed
- Simplified Chinese: Pinyin is already installed
Shortcuts (Very much like Windows):
- Ctrl + Space: turn it on/off
- Ctrl + Shift: switch between languages
- Shift: in and out of temporary English mode (inactivate) within the language
I’ve moved the contents of setting Fcitx CAP to this page as the release fcitx5 turned this already tricky process into a maze.